Creating Your Legacy
Omaha Attorney in Estate Planning
Nick Montague provides personalized estate planning to individuals and families throughout the Iowa, Nebraska, and Missouri region. As an Omaha attorney for Goosmann Trust Law Counsel, a boutique estate and business succession planning department within the full service law firm, Nick assists clients with developing the peace of mind to know that their assets and family members will be taken care of when they are gone. Within the Goosmann Trust Law Counsel, Nick has experience in all aspects of estate planning, including the use of revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, wills, and powers of attorney. Nick is client focused and works to improve his knowledge of planning and succession with everything that he does. He has developed and presented numerous estate planning seminars. All of which are focused on client solutions. In looking for an advocate for you and your family, Nick will stand up for you and find client centered solutions to your problems- worth it!
Office: (402) 280-7648
Fax: (402) 505-3967
Cell: (479) 422-8772
Nick understands that not every family is the same. Because of this, he works tirelessly to learn about the needs and wishes of each client. After learning about his clients and their families, Nick crafts a holistic estate planning strategy that centers around their needs. He focuses on helping individuals and families plan for the unexpected and the inevitable through holistic estate planning approaches.
“My estate planning career started with a hug. The first client that ever hired me to help with her estate planning needs had been recently widowed. She was faced with mourning the loss of a loved one while trying to navigate the legal system. We spent hours trying to undo the mess that failing to plan had created. Over the course of our conversations I learned about her life and the lives of her late husband and children. I helped educate her about the importance of holistic estate planning and together we addressed her concerns and needs. When the final meeting ended, she walked around the table and gave me a hug. My very first client had an incredible effect on me and I began to approach estate planning in a whole new manner. I realized that estate planning is more about relationships and telling your story than it is about documents.”
Nick believes that we all have a story to tell and a legacy to leave. Proactive estate planning allows you to tell your story and protect your legacy. Nick focuses on taking a holistic approach to estate planning by first looking at the larger picture which allows the final plan to be custom tailored to meet your unique situation. In developing lasting relationships with his clients, Nick allows you to take a deep breath because you have a plan for the unexpected and the inevitable.
- Estate Planning
- Income & Retirement Planning
- Asset Protection
- Business & Succession Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Estate Litigation
- Conflict & Dispute Resolution
- Wills & Trusts
LICENSED IN: Iowa, Nebraska, and Missouri.
Each day, Nick is reminded why he chose estate planning when he sees his wife Malorie, and son Colton James. He enjoys connecting with people from all walks of life. In fact, Nick has even come face to face with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson at a Waffle House!
Creighton University School of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2013
University of Arkansas, Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice, 2010
Montague Law P.C., L.L.O – Omaha, NE
Owner, February 2018 - April 2018
- Helped families throughout the Midwest develop personalized estate planning solutions through holistic needs-based planning.
- Focused on identifying planning solutions for individuals and families based on a deep understanding of overall family dynamics and goals.
- Used a variety of legal planning tools including revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, wills, powers of attorney, and several other strategies.
- Assisted in the administration of trusts after death and represented estates through the probate process.
- Practice included proactive and crisis Medicaid planning strategies.
Legacy Design Strategies - Omaha, NE
Associate Attorney, November 2014 - January 2018
- Assisted clients with all aspects of estate planning including the use of revocable living trusts, irrevocable trusts, wills, and powers of attorney.
- Developed and presented multiple estate planning seminars focused on client solutions.
- Created a marketing strategy directed toward financial and insurance professionals to further referral sources.
Engles, Ketcham, Olson & Keith, P.C.- Knoxville, TN
Associate Attorney, March 2014 - September 2014
- Associate involved in all aspects of workers’ compensation defense including case management and strategy, depositions, settlement negotiations, discovery and litigation.
State: Iowa, Nebraska, and Missouri.
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association