Christopher Barondeau focuses his practice on family law and ag law. He drove a bomb buggy in the Iraq war when he was 19, so there isn’t much that can get him rattled. When you are experiencing a life changing divorce, Chris is your solid advocate and strong support you need to lead you through the trenches.
Chris grew up the son of an agronomist in rural South Dakota. He knows agriculture and keeps pace with the legal issues in our ag focused economy as a member of the American Agricultural Law Association and on the Board of the Iowa State Bar Association’s Ag Law Section Counsel.
Chris and his wife Amanda have three-year-old twin girls and a new baby daughter. He is active in the Siouxland community as a leader in the Sioux City Growth Organization and Vision Dakota County as well as an advisor to the crime stoppers board. He is passionate about his family and understands the strong bond parents have with their children.
LICENSED IN: Iowa.
- Bar Admissions
- Professional Organizations
- Community Involvement
- Articles, Presentations, & Achievements
Creighton University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2011; MS Negotiation & Dispute Resolution
- Severens-Mayer Award for Excellence in Mediation and Best Mediator
- Dean’s Academic Scholarship
- Gail Werner Robertson Scholarship
- Marianne & Thomas Culhane Scholarship
University of South Dakota, Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude, in Political Science, 2008; Minor in Business Administration
- Dave Lorenz Senior Leadership Award
- Student Government Association
- Student Senator & Business Manager
- Beta Theta Pi, Gamma Alpha, President
- Omicron Delta Kappa, South Dakota Circle, President
- Mortar Board, Order of Omega
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Nebraska Army National Guard
First Lieutenant (Military Intelligence and Logistics) 126th Chemical Battalion Nebraska Army National Guard
- Currently serving as the Battalion S-2 for the Nebraska Army National Guard’s 126th Chemical Battalion located in Omaha, NE. Deployed with the South Dakota Army National Guard (A Company 153rd Engineer Battalion/Combat Mechanized) as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom from February 2004 through February 2005. Served as a combat engineer and conducted a variety of missions including a counter IED mission (located and neutralized roadside bombs) and detention center operations.
Northeast Community College (College Center): South Sioux City, NE
Adjunct Professor, Business Law I & II: 2012-2013
Concord Center: Omaha, NE
Practicum/Internship (Werner Institute Creighton University)
- Managed mediation cases from intake, coordination of initial and main session and follow up.
U.S. Attorney’s Office: Omaha, NE
- Conducted research on a variety of legal issues; utilized senior certification to develop litigation skills in court; prepared multiple briefs for Assistant United States Attorneys.
Pottawattamie County Attorney’s Office: Council Bluffs, IA
- Conducted research for use by attorneys on a variety of legal issues involving criminal, civil and appellate cases; assisted attorneys in preparing cases for trial; observed courtroom proceedings and participated in depositions.
- State: Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
Articles and Presentations
- Negotiating and Drafting Farm Land Leases, Farm Business Law Seminar, 2014
- “Recent USDA Food Labeling Rules Spawn Litigation”, Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation October Newsletter, 2013
- Agricultural Use Evaluation, Estate Planning for Farmers and Ranchers Seminar, 2013
- Goal Setting, Estate Planning for Farmers and Ranchers Seminar, 2013
- Understanding and Accessing Government Economic Development Incentives, CEO Forum, 2013
- Protecting Your Agricultural Interests Before a Bankruptcy is Filed, Agricultural Law Seminar, 2011
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014