Goosmann Trust Law Counsel is our boutique estate and business succession planning department.
Breandan assists individuals and families in planning their legacy, aiming to protect client wealth, support business succession, reduce taxes and fees, and, ultimately, ensure there is someone to listen to their wishes and implement them.
Breandan was interested in becoming an estate planning attorney because he has always gravitated to the cooperative aspects of law.
“Estate planning in particular reaches out to me because I can feel the practical, day-to-day benefit the process has on those I assist; it is measurable in a way beyond just helping families cope with the rules and laws out there. Through the planning process, I regularly work with new and diverse people, each individual and family bringing their own circumstances, values, and goals to the process.”
“This exposure to new perspectives and issues keeps the work exciting, and at the end of the day, there is a feeling of a good deed done when I help someone with their unique concerns in planning for the future,” says Breandan.
In Breandan’s free time he enjoys running, taekwondo, and spending time with family. He is also a habitual consumer of fantasy literature, horror movies, and college football. Did you know that Breandan’s sister is a professional dancer and his father is a wildlife artist? Another fun fact about Breandan is that he is a wannabe lexicologist. A lexicologist is someone who studies the formation, meaning, and use of words.
LICENSED IN: Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota.
Nebraska Methodist Health System: Omaha, Nebraska
Legal Fellowship, 2012-2013
Charles L. Weber Law Firm: Charlottesville, Virginia
Summer Associate, 2011
First Court of Appeals: Houston, Texas
Summer Law Clerk, 2010
Tenth Judicial District: Hastings, Nebraska
Summer Law Clerk, 2010
- American Bar Association, Real Property Trust & Estate Law Section
- Iowa State Bar Association, Probate, Trust & Estate Planning Section; Taxation Section
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Siouxland Estate Planning Council
- National Association of Estate Planners and Councils
- Prairie Family Business Association
- Sculpt Siouxland, Board of Directors
Articles and Presentations
- “Estate Plan: End of Year Checklist”, Midwest Medical Edition (MED Magazine), 2014
- “Understanding More about Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts”
- “How to Successfully Stage Your Business Succession Plan”
- “Charitable Estate Planning,” Siouxland Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, 2014
- “Managing the Inventory,” National Business Institute: The Probate Process From Start to Finish
- “Family Farm Succession Planning,” Take Root Discussion Panel Member – Iowa Farm Bureau
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014