Anthony Osborn is a shareholder of the firm and has significant experience representing individuals and entities in various types of legal disputes and proceedings. Anthony listens closely to his client’s needs to formulate a strategy and help them achieve their goals. He chose to become an attorney because he has always enjoyed helping people achieve their goals and overcome their obstacles. As an attorney, Anthony is able to assist businesses and individuals in countless ways. He provides them with advice to avoid liability, protect their assets, and both avoid and resolve disputes.
“I was attracted to the practice of litigation because I consider myself a problem-solver. I believe most problems can be resolved if everyone is reasonable and informed of all relevant facts,” says Anthony.
He became particularly interested in the area of construction law when, as a young lawyer practicing in San Diego, he worked on a large number of construction lawsuits. He enjoyed learning about the different issues that arise on construction projects, and has since greatly expanded his practice in the area of construction law.
Anthony and his wife, Ellen, have two children. In his free time, Anthony enjoys traveling (he makes frequent trips to Lake Okoboji) and watching sports. In particular, he is a loyal Chicago Cubs fan.
LICENSED IN: Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and California
- Bar Admissions
- Professional Organizations
- Community Involvement
- Articles, Presentations, & Achievements
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP: San Diego, CA
Litigation Associate, 2001-2003, 2006-2007
- Managed civil litigation files for regional office of national law firm, with emphasis on construction, premises liability, personal injury, products liability and professional liability matters.
McCormick Barstow Sheppard Wayte & Carruth, LLP: Fresno, CA
Litigation Associate, Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith Department, 2003-2006
- Represented insurers and insureds in complex state and federal court litigation with respect to various insurance coverage issues, including those surrounding construction disputes.
Hellige, Frey & Roe, RLLP: Sioux City, IA
Associate Attorney, 2007-2009
- Handled all aspects of civil litigation from inception through trial, with emphasis on products liability, personal injury, premises liability and professional liability disputes, and acted as general counsel to various business entities.
- State: Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and California
- Federal: Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa, District Courts of California, South Dakota, and Colorado, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Articles & Presentations
- Co-authored “How to Draft Lawsuits to Trigger Insurance Coverage,” with Anthony Lehman from DLA Piper LLP (US), published in Under Construction, the official newsletter of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, Volume 15, No. 3 – July 2014
- Presented at the ABA Litigation Section’s Annual Meeting, “Overwhelmed by Email? Best Practices for Ethics, Discovery and Trial Evidence,” Scottsdale, Arizona – April 2014
- Editor of “The Dispute Resolver” (blog and monthly publication of Division 1 of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry), August 2011 to present
- Authored “Construction Disputes: A Breeding Ground for Insurance Coverage Issues,” published in the Newsletter for Division 7 of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry – December 2013
- Presented at the Home Builders Association of Greater Siouxland General Membership Meeting, “Overview of Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota Mechanics’ Lien Laws” – October 2012
- Martindale-AV Rated Attorney
- Avvo Superb Attorney Rating of 10.0
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2014 & 2013