The Cross-Border Collaborator
Omaha Business and Litigation Attorney
Tom Dorwart is an Omaha litigation attorney who works as a cross-border collaborator on civil litigation issues for business leaders, start-ups, CEOs, investors and venture capitalists. Tom’s fluency in French allows him to help businesses with ties in European countries on various issues from contract disputes, trademark infringement, business and shareholder disputes, intellectual property theft, and homeowners’ association disputes. He also helps start-up businesses to large corporations within the hemp ag and green energy sectors with drafting contracts, entity formation, trademarks, mergers and acquisitions, purchase agreements, and venture capitalist funding. Tom advocates for his clients and uses his cross-border connections and business network to advance deals and resolve issues both in and out of the courtroom – worth it.
Direct: (402) 884-2265
Office: (402) 280-7648
Fax: (402) 505-3967
Cell: (402) 672-0083
Tom’s vast experience stems from his international background in corporate law through a dual-degree law program where he spent three years in France helping American companies incorporate and enter the European market. During that time, Tom helped companies including Under Armour and Expedia. Within the United States, Tom has had oral arguments with the Court of Appeals, drafted city ordinances, and successfully settled litigation cases.
Tom has a relentless, unflinching, and loyal character. He was drawn to law at a young age watching his father work as an attorney and learning from him. Tom enjoys helping individuals with their civil litigation issues, and helping businesses grow and become successful. He is passionate toward his personal connections to the start-up scenes in Omaha, New York, and France and driven by the link between business and litigation. Tom says, “I have a global view of things, from my travels and experiences living in different cities and abroad which gives my clients a business advantage. I love helping them make connections and expand to other cities and countries.”
- Civil Litigation
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
LICENSED IN: Nebraska and New York.
Tom’s family lives in Omaha and is the oldest of four siblings. He loves to play basketball, tennis, watch sports, film stream movies and events, attending cookbook club, pub quiz night, concerts, and various French-related cultural events. Fun fact - Tom won a year’s supply of Reese’s by winning a free throw shooting contest during a Big East tournament game at Madison Square Garden, when Spike Lee, Bill Clinton, and Denzel Washington were in attendance.
American University Washington College of Law, Washington D.C., J.D., 2012
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, French, 2008
Govier Katskee Suing & Maxwell.: Omaha, NE
Attorney, August 2017 – July 2019
- Conducted depositions, discovery, hearings, and trials.
- Wrote numerous motions, complaints, answers, trial briefs, appellate briefs, and met with clients on opposing counsel.
- Wrote business contracts, formed LLCs and non-profits, software support, UX, and development proposals.
- Participated in and/or lead cases from start to finish in contract dispute litigation, trademark infringement, and construction litigation.
Fitzgerald Schorr: Omaha, NE
Attorney, November 2016–August 2017
- Completed transactional work, contract review, estate planning, municipal work, and memo and brief-writing.
Lifeplan Nebrsaka: Omaha, NE
Attorney, March 2014-August 2017
- Performed entity formation, shareholder agreements, LLCs, and trademarks.
- Conducted civil litigation.
- Wrote letters of intent, non-disclosure agreements.
McDermott Will & Emery: Paris, France
Special Assignment Associate, September 2013-December 2013
- Worked on international mergers, acquisitions, and contract issues.
- Drafted documents.
- Helped Under Armor incorporate in France while working on labor and employment issues.
- Helped Expedia buy the French booking company Last Minute.
- Helped the home shopping network QVC incorporate in France.
Weil Gotshal & Manges: Paris, France
Summer Associate, July 2012-October 2012
- International mergers and acquisitions.
- Drafted documents.
Nebraska and New York