The Family Law Litigator Who Is On Your Side
JANELL K. BOCK
Sioux City Lawyer in Divorce and Family Law
When family life issues arise attorney Janell K. Bock is there to step in and help her clients resolve family conflicts with passion and purpose. She will zealously represent clients to protect their families and assets through divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, paternity, legal separations, and adoptions.
As a divorced single mom, Janell is able personally empathize and connect with her clients. Her positive, energetic demeanor coupled with a level head and natural talent for developing persuasive arguments in complex and emotionally-charged matters make her—Worth it!
Direct: (712) 226-7423
Office: (712) 226-4000
Cell: (719) 749-8283
“My understanding of the divorce process from both sides of the table allows me to perform my job with particular insight and compassion. I enjoy helping people through some of the most difficult times of their lives and getting them to a better place than when they first came to me.”
Janell’s interest in family law started in 2014 when she worked as a family law paralegal and quickly discovered how much she loved working in the field and saw the difference she could make in the lives of others.
Janell started with Goosmann Law Firm in 2020 as a law clerk while completing her Juris Doctor at University of Nebraska College of Law. During graduate school Janell received a pro bono certificate, was a senior member of the moot court team, and won 4th best mediator out of a field of 174.
- Family Law
- Child Custody
LICENSED IN: Iowa
Janell has a ten-year-old child and enjoys to snowboard, play piano, dance, and travel. Fun fact: Janell one time got second place in a triathlon (for her age/gender group)!
University of Nebraska College of Law, Juris Doctor, August 2020
- Nebraska Moot Court Board, Senior Board Member
Wayne State College, Bachelor of Science in Secondary English Education, May 2010
- conferred magna cum laude
Goosmann Law Firm, PLC: Sioux City, Iowa
Law Clerk, 2020-2021
- Conduct extensive legal research; draft briefs and other legal documents; assist clients with filling out forms, responding to Attorney requests, and navigating the legal system; communicate with clients to facilitate a positive working relationship; review and interpret legal documents, including affidavits and sworn testimony; manage attorney calendars; assist attorneys as directed.
Clawson & Clawson, LLP: Colorado Springs, CO
Remote Law Clerk, 2017-20018
- Conduct research for personal injury and family law cases; draft legal pleadings and memos; draft correspondence to clients and opposing counsel; prepare and organize pleading templates; assist managing partners and associate attorneys as directed.
Family Law Paralegal Clerk, 2015-20017
- Managed caseload of 25-30 clients; drafted, edited, revised and e-filed pleadings and other court documents; communicated with clients and opposing counsel; maintained attorneys’ calendars; scheduled appointments and court hearings; met regularly with clients; conducted legal research; drafted legal correspondence and memos; performed regular case management; entered daily time and billing; arranged expert witness retainment and testimony; assisted with all aspects of trial preparation; closed client files; developed new client hand-outs.
Anderson & Travis, LLC: Colorado Springs, CO
- Managed caseload of over 30 clients; conducted initial client intakes; communicated with clients, opposing counsel, insurance adjusters and court clerks; assisted managing partner with all aspect of trial preparation; prepared pleadings and legal correspondence; set hearings; entered time and billing; conducted legal research; drafted, edited, revised and e-filed court documents; performed regular case management; organized client files and server databases; requested medical records from medical care providers; maintained attorney’s calendar.
McKinney & Associates, P.C.: Colorado Springs, CO
Legal Assistant, 2014-2015
- Answered telephones; greeted clients; maintained conference room and front office area; drafted routine materials; E-filed court documents; drafted and revised demand letters; coordinated attorney calendars
Merit Company, Inc.: Colorado Springs, CO
Administrative Assistant, 2013
- Provided immediate assistance in support of all member concerns, questions, and requests; performed key administrative tasks; obtained Associate Broker’s license in furtherance of education.
South Sioux City Community School District: South Sioux City, NE
Long-Term Substitute English Teacher, 2012
- Developed original curriculum; facilitated parent-teacher conferences; established positive rapport with students, staff and parents; graded, monitored and recorded student work; effectively communicated with staff.
- American Constitution Society, Member
- Community Legal Education Project, Community Coordinator
- Nebraska Family Law & Alternative Dispute Resolution Organization, Member
- ABA and Nebraska Student Bar Associations, Member
Pikes Peak Community College, Paralegal Certification, December 2014
Mcintosh Real Estate School, Associate Broker Certification, November 2013