The Legal "Firefighter"
Sioux City Lawyer in Business Law, Litigation, and Employment
Jamey Drury is a business, litigation, and employment attorney who effectively puts out legal fires, so his clients can focus on their business. Jamey spent 18 years of his legal career serving as Corporate Counsel for Tyson Foods resolving matters involving litigation, depositions, policies and employee training, contracts involving purchasing agreements, transportation agreements and litigation stemming from contract disputes, workers’ compensation and employment issues related to such matters, and a myriad of other general matters. Jamey helps executives, business leaders, and in-house counsel find unique, innovative, and cost-effective resolutions to extinguish their company’s legal problems – worth it.
Direct: (712) 226-7411
Office: (712) 226-4000
Cell: (712) 444-5177
Jamey has been practicing law for over 20 years practicing both in-house and as an Assistant County Attorney. Jamey is a U.S. Army Veteran and values relationships, integrity, and honesty, which drives his legal practice and how he lives his life outside the office. When asked why he wanted to practice law, Jamey said, “I became an attorney to seek justice and provide the best legal services to my clients. I am focused, versatile, and responsive, and I enjoy framing persuasive arguments to win disputes.”
- Trial Law
- Business Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law
LICENSED IN: Iowa
Jamey and his wife are empty nesters but seek out every opportunity to spend time with their daughter. They have a black lab puppy to keep them busy and entertained! Jamey also enjoys photography and is an avid movie buff!
Drake University Law School, Juris Doctor, May 1997
South Dakota State University, Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, May 1994
Tyson Foods: Sioux City, IA
- Corporate Counsel, 2001-2020
- Represented the company in litigated Iowa workers’ compensation cases.
- Advised the company’s workers’ compensation department on various legal issues pertaining to workers’ compensation cases, in addition to representing the company throughout the stages of litigation from filing pleadings, discovery, motion practice, trial and appellate advocacy.
- Argued workers’ compensation cases before the Iowa Supreme Court and Iowa Court of Appeals. Provided legal advice to local production facilities on issues regarding workers’ compensation.
- Trained local plant management staff on workers’ compensation laws.
- Responsible for assigning litigated workers’ compensation matters to both in-house and outside counsel.
- Participated in all stages of litigation proceedings, including case investigations, depositions, discovery, and appeals.
- Worked alongside other in-house counsel and outside counsel to find creative legal solutions for firm clients.
- Managed general corporate litigation, to include identifying, retaining and managing outside counsel on a variety of matters.
- Advised in-house business clients on various legal issues that affect Tyson’s business units.
- Reviewed and drafted various contracts including purchasing agreements, transportation agreements, and other general matters.
Woodbury County Attorney’s Office: Sioux City, IA
- Assistant County Attorney, 1998-2001
- Advised law enforcement personnel on various aspects of criminal law.
- Assisted law enforcement in criminal investigations including drafting arrest warrants, search warrants, confidential investigatory subpoenas, and advised law enforcement with respect to suspect and witness interviews to ensure legality/constitutionally of the interviews.
- Assigned to multidisciplinary task force regarding child abuse and sexual abuse.
- Responsible for reviewing law enforcement investigatory reports and arrest reports to make charging determinations and to file appropriate criminal charges.
- Conducted various jury trials from jury selection to verdict.
- Represented the State in post-conviction relief matters.
Marshall County Child Support Recovery Unit: Marshalltown, IA
- Assistant County Attorney, 1997-1998
- Represented the State of Iowa in child support enforcement and paternity establishment proceedings.
United States Army Reserve
- Served as an operating room specialist assisting surgeons in surgical procedures.
- Veteran of Desert Shield/Storm.
- Chemical operations specialist in 1993.