Sioux City Lawyer in Real Estate and Transactional Law
Alex Berenstein is a closer who focuses in real estate and getting deals done. Alex identifies your transactional problems before they arise. If it lands on his desk with a problem that’s already developed, he fixes it to make the deal happen. As a Sioux City attorney, Alex enjoys the challenge of tackling complex problems from different perspectives to close a deal for his clients – worth it!
Direct: (712) 226-7429
Office: (712) 226-4000
Alex’s favorite quote is from Randy Pausch: “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” This fits his role well as a closer in real estate and transactional law. He looks at all the cards in every deal, analyzes the situation, and develops a strategy to get the best possible outcome for his clients.
Being an attorney runs in Alex’s blood. He knew from a young age that he wanted to be a lawyer like his father and grandfather. Having grown up in Iowa, it is especially close to his heart. Alex enjoys the unique opportunity of helping a community that’s given so much to him.
Alex says, “I have a unique ability to relate to people and understand them. Although we may have different backgrounds, I can always find common ground, and usually by something more than just superficial or trivial means. I can put myself into the shoes of another person such that I can better understand what they truly want, which is huge for helping someone achieve their goals and solve their problem.”
LICENSED IN: Iowa
Alex has been a proud Iowan his entire life, Go Hawkeye’s! In his free time, Alex enjoys playing golf, basketball and soccer. You can also find him reading books, watching movies, cooking, or hanging out with his miniature Australian Shepherd, Keira.
University of Iowa College of Law, Juris Doctor Candidate, May 2018
University of Iowa, Bachelor of Arts in Ethics and Public Policy, May 2015
Keegan and Farnsworth: Sioux City, IA
- Clerk, 2016-2018
- Reviewed discover, conducted legal research, and prepared legal briefs and memoranda for pre-trial motions – primality for constitutional and evidentiary issues.
- Observed litigation proceedings, including depositions.
- Worked alongside attorneys to find creative legal solutions for firm clients.
The University Club: Iowa City, IA
- Manager, 2014-2015
- Supervised and managed event staff while overseeing events
- Event planning
- Personalized service for club members and event guests
University of Iowa, Sociology Department: Iowa City, IA
- Undergraduate Research, 2013-2014
- Assisted professors and PhD candidates in laboratory social experiments involving human participants. Studied behaviors and responses to social situations involving leadership tendencies, while analyzing scientific data.
Federal: Northern District of Iowa
- Northwest Iowa Realtors Association
- Sioux City Growth Organization
- Siouxland Soup Kitchen
- Habitat for Humanity