Sioux City Lawyer in Real Estate and Transactional Law
Alex Berenstein is a real estate attorney who focuses on getting deals done. Alex identifies transactional problems before they arise and resolves problems that have already developed. His motto is to make the deal happen. As a Sioux City attorney, Alex enjoys the challenge of tackling complex problems from different perspectives to close a deal for his clients – worth it!
Direct: (712) 226-7429
Office: (712) 226-4000
MY PODCAST EPISODES
Alex’s favorite quote comes from Randy Pausch: “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” This shapes how he views his role as an attorney in real estate and transactional law. He looks at all the cards in every deal, analyzes the situation, and develops a strategy to get the best possible outcome for his clients.
Being an attorney runs in Alex’s blood. He knew from a young age that he wanted to be a lawyer like his grandfather, father, and uncle. Having grown up in Iowa, the state is especially close to his heart. Alex enjoys the unique opportunity of working in a community that’s given so much to him.
Alex says, “I want to really relate to people, so I can better understand them. This helps me identify a client’s needs and create a better relationship. I can always help parties find common ground. I put myself into the shoes of another person to better understand what they truly want, and that’s huge for helping someone achieve their goals or solve their problem.”
LICENSED IN: Iowa
Alex has been a proud Iowan his entire life. In his free time, Alex stays active by playing golf, basketball and soccer with friends. You can also find him reading, cooking, or hanging out with his dogs Keira and Winnie.
University of Iowa College of Law, Juris Doctor Candidate, May 2018
University of Iowa, Bachelor of Arts in Ethics and Public Policy, May 2015
Keegan and Farnsworth: Sioux City, IA
- Clerk, 2016-2018
- Reviewed discover, conducted legal research, and prepared legal briefs and memoranda for pre-trial motions – primality for constitutional and evidentiary issues.
- Observed litigation proceedings, including depositions.
- Worked alongside attorneys to find creative legal solutions for firm clients.
The University Club: Iowa City, IA
- Manager, 2014-2015
- Supervised and managed event staff while overseeing events
- Event planning
- Personalized service for club members and event guests
University of Iowa, Sociology Department: Iowa City, IA
- Undergraduate Research, 2013-2014
- Assisted professors and PhD candidates in laboratory social experiments involving human participants. Studied behaviors and responses to social situations involving leadership tendencies, while analyzing scientific data.
Federal: Northern District of Iowa
- Northwest Iowa Realtors Association
- Sioux City Growth Organization
- Siouxland Soup Kitchen
- Habitat for Humanity