The Creditors’ Attorney
WARREN J. FORD III
Omaha Lawyer in Business and Banking
Attorney Warren J. Ford III is the creditors’ attorney who works with creditors, bankers, and business leaders to reach cost effective and timely resolutions with their borrowers. As a former debtors’ attorney, Warren possess a unique perspective which helps him identify his clients legal and business problems, so he can provide sound, cost effective default services and mitigation of financial risks.
Office: (402) 280-7648
Direct: (402) 315-1239
Warren has represented more than 2,000 clients in Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy Proceedings. One unfortunate reality in the business world is that sometimes, despite a business owner’s due diligence, a customer may fail to uphold their financial obligation to the business. Warren works to protect the rights of creditors to collect debt from individuals or business so that they can focus on their business operations to be successful.
Warren says, “I have wanted to become an attorney since I was child. I knew at an early age that the law effects every facet of our daily lives. I wanted to help individuals and businesses navigate their legal problems and further public good.”
- Debt Restructuring, Out-of-Court Workouts
- Bankruptcy (Chapter 7, 11, and 13)
- Creditor’s Rights
- Loss Mitigation
LICENSED IN: Nebraska, Iowa, and Colorado
Warren enjoys traveling and trying new restaurants with his wife and spending time with his two little boys. He also enjoys physical fitness e.g. biking and weight training.
University of Nebraska College of Law Lincoln, NE, Juris Doctor, May 2011
- Ann Freese Lowe Memorial Scholar, Merle & Frances Jones Scholar, Keating Textbook Scholar and Paul D. Brunner Memorial Scholar
- CALI Award in American Foreign Affairs Law & Policy Seminar
- Grether Moot Court Competition; Client Counseling Competition, Semifinalist
- Black Law Student Assoc.,1L Representative
- Big Brother/Big Sister Program
- Delta Theta Phi
- Clerk of the Exchequer
- Robert Van Pelt American Inn of Court
Creighton University, Omaha, NE, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2008
- Memorial and Ignatian Scholarship Recipient
- Dean’s List
Skrupa Law Office, LLC: Omaha, Nebraska
Senior Associate Attorney, 2012 – 2019
- Represent Debtors and Creditors in all aspects of Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy actions from initial consultations to the conclusion of their case.
- Prepare and argue briefs and motions before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court; Attend Meeting of Creditors.
- Negotiate debt settlements for Debtors; Collect debts for Creditors through alternative dispute resolution and civil litigation in state courts
Koley Jessen P.C., LLO: Omaha, NE
Project Associate Attorney, 2011
- Worked in collaboration with Jones Day law firm on a complicated document review and analysis project to assist a publicly traded company in responding to an investigation initiated by the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice.
University of Nebraska – Civil Clinic: Lincoln, NE
Certified Senior Law Student, 2011
- Worked as lead counsel for a variety of civil cases; Negotiated with opposing counsel.
- Prepared and argued pretrial motions; Participated in hearings and trials before the County and District Courts of Lancaster County and Nebraska Administrative Courts.
- Drafted pleadings, motions, briefs and settlement agreements.
Nebraska Attorney General’s Office: Lincoln, NE
Law Clerk, 2010
- Assisted attorneys with discovery, trial strategy and trial preparation.
- Drafted pleadings, motions and briefs.
- Conducted legal research; Drafted legal memoranda.
- Offer extended to come back.
Nebraska Appleseed: Lincoln, NE
Law Clerk, 2009-2010
- Provided legal assistance for low-income clients.
- Conducted legal research; Drafted legal memoranda;
- Wrote legislative policy briefs and participated in outreach events to extend health care coverage for Nebraska children.
- State: Nebraska, Iowa, and Colorado
- Federal: United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association