The Insolvency and Restructuring Attorney
WARREN J. FORD III
Omaha Lawyer in Bankruptcy, Banking, and Business
Attorney Warren J. Ford III is a litigation and transactional attorney, who represents creditors, debtors, banks, and business leaders in civil and commercial litigation, out-of-court workouts, and Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy proceedings, including adversary proceedings. Warren also routinely assist clients with complex business transactions and asset acquisitions. As a former consumer bankruptcy attorney, Warren possesses a unique perspective which helps him identify his clients’ legal and business problems, so he can provide sound, cost effective solutions and mitigation of financial risk.
Office: (402) 280-7648
Direct: (402) 315-1239
Warren has represented more than 2,000 clients in Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy Proceedings. Warren is recognized for his Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor practice. His representation includes consumers, financially distressed entities, and creditors’ rights work for banks and businesses. Warren passionately helps his clients overcome financial challenges on the debtor and creditor side so that they can spend more time focusing on what’s worth it.
Warren says, “I have wanted to become an attorney since I was child. I knew at an early age that the law effects every facet of our daily lives. I wanted to help individuals and businesses navigate their legal problems and further public good.”
- Banking and Finance
- Debt Restructuring, Out-of-Court Workouts
- Bankruptcy (Chapter 7, 11, and 13)
- Creditor’s Rights
- Loss Mitigation
- Business Transactions
- Multifamily Housing
LICENSED IN: Nebraska, Iowa, and Colorado
Warren enjoys traveling and trying new restaurants with his wife and spending time with his two little boys. He also enjoys physical fitness e.g. biking and weight training.
University of Nebraska College of Law Lincoln, NE, Juris Doctor, May 2011
- Ann Freese Lowe Memorial Scholar, Merle & Frances Jones Scholar, Keating Textbook Scholar and Paul D. Brunner Memorial Scholar
- CALI Award in American Foreign Affairs Law & Policy Seminar
- Grether Moot Court Competition; Client Counseling Competition, Semifinalist
- Black Law Student Assoc.,1L Representative
- Big Brother/Big Sister Program
- Delta Theta Phi
- Clerk of the Exchequer
- Robert Van Pelt American Inn of Court
Creighton University, Omaha, NE, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2008
- Memorial and Ignatian Scholarship Recipient
- Dean’s List
Skrupa Law Office, LLC: Omaha, Nebraska
Senior Associate Attorney, 2012 – 2019
- Represented Debtors and Creditors in all aspects of Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy proceedings from initial consultations to the conclusion of their case.
- Prepared and argued briefs and motions before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court; Attended Meeting of Creditors.
- Negotiated debt settlements for Debtors; Collect debts for Creditors through alternative dispute resolution and civil litigation in state courts
Koley Jessen P.C., LLO: Omaha, NE
Project Associate Attorney, 2011
- Worked in collaboration with Jones Day law firm on a complicated document review and analysis project to assist a publicly traded company in responding to an investigation initiated by the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice.
University of Nebraska – Civil Clinic: Lincoln, NE
Certified Senior Law Student, 2011
- Worked as lead counsel for a variety of civil cases; Negotiated with opposing counsel.
- Prepared and argued pretrial motions; Participated in hearings and trials before the County and District Courts of Lancaster County and Nebraska Administrative Courts.
- Drafted pleadings, motions, briefs and settlement agreements.
Nebraska Attorney General’s Office: Lincoln, NE
Law Clerk, 2010
- Assisted attorneys with discovery, trial strategy and trial preparation.
- Drafted pleadings, motions and briefs.
- Conducted legal research; Drafted legal memoranda.
- Offer extended to come back.
Nebraska Appleseed: Lincoln, NE
Law Clerk, 2009-2010
- Provided legal assistance for low-income clients.
- Conducted legal research; Drafted legal memoranda;
- Wrote legislative policy briefs and participated in outreach events to extend health care coverage for Nebraska children.
- State: Nebraska, Iowa, and Colorado
- Federal: United States District Court for the District of Nebraska, United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- American Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association- Banking Section (member of Executive Committee), Bankruptcy Section
- Iowa Bar Association- Young Lawyers Division
- Colorado Bar Associations
- American Bankruptcy Institute- Consumer Bankruptcy Committee, Young and New Member Committee
- NAMWOLF- Financial Service Litigation PAC
- 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law