Omaha Lawyer in Business and Estate Planning
Attorney Patrick McNamara is the resolver who works with his clients to anticipate issues before they arise and implement efficient plans to help them progress and grow. When clients do run into problems, Patrick looks for a broad range of possible solutions, determines which solution is best fit for the client, and executes to achieve the desired results, making it worth it for his clients.
Office: (402) 280-7648
Direct: (402) 315-1246
Patrick knows how important it is to build close relationships with his clients, who are typically families and small business owners. He focuses on learning what is important to his clients. He enjoys connecting people to help them make their businesses better and more efficient. He counsels them on how to improve business practices, handle employee disputes, and ways to achieve goals.
With over 10 years of legal experience, Patrick knows business. He has helped dozens of clients form new businesses – helping to guide them through entity formation, business planning, financing, hiring employees, obtaining commercial space, marketing, and more.
When asked why he became a lawyer, Patrick said, “I’ve always had a really good sense of fairness and what’s reasonable. And I’ve always liked to help solve problems. I also truly value my role as a confidant and counselor and being able to help my clients figure out solutions to some of the biggest problems they may face in their lives.”
- Business Advising
- Estate Planning
- Commercial/Breach of Contract Litigation
LICENSED IN: Nebraska
Patrick has a wonderful wife, Kate, who is also an attorney. He loves photography, golfing, and cooking. He’s from Long Island, NY, and is a huge New York Mets fan, which he assures does not represent his ability to make good decisions!
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Central Islip, NY, Juris Doctor, May 2009
Catholic University of America, Washington DC, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2006
Welch Law Firm, PC, LLO: Omaha, NE
- Represent clients as lead attorneys in areas including business litigation, employment litigation, contract drafting and review, entity formation, and provide general counsel services to business clients in numerous different industries.
- Engage in complex estate and business succession planning, including the use of QTIP and land trusts.
- Supervise associate attorneys and staff.
- Engage as lead attorney for business development, consulting and being retained by clients in all areas of the firm’s practices.
- Advise and consult with firm on technology and marketing plans.
McNamara Law Firm, PC, LLO: Omaha, NE
- Managed growing law firm practicing in areas including business litigation and contracts, employment discrimination and sexual harassment, and estate planning and probate.
- Provided management in all areas of running business and a law office, including marketing, human resources, business development, legal strategy, long term planning, client relations, and others.
Anderson, Bressman, & Hoffman, PC, LLO: Omaha, NE
- Responsible for extensive docket of clients in areas including litigation, transactional law, school law and juvenile law.
- Draft complex documents including motions, pleadings, memoranda and appellate briefs.
- Appear in court for trials, oral arguments, and numerous other proceedings.
- Handle cases from inception to completion.
The Law Offices of Patrick E. McNamara: St. James & West Babylon, NY
- Manage law office and represent clients in all aspects of transactional law and litigation including elder law, estate planning, family law, criminal law, and commercial landlord tenant actions.
- Draft preliminary and dispositive motions
- Draft petitions including adoption, administration, guardianship, will construction, L/T holdover and nonpayment.
- Appear in court for oral arguments, conferences, depositions and other matters
- Market and advertise law office with use of traditional and new media formats.
- Created and manage burgeoning per diem business that includes fielding needs from attorneys throughout the area and managing a stable of attorneys who can handle those needs.
- Represent numerous law firms as an attorney Of Counsel; appearing in court, drafting legal documents and issuing advisory opinions.
Gallagher, Walker, Bianco, and Plastaras, LLP: Mineola, NY
Associate Attorney, 2010-2011
- Represented property owners, contractors, business owners, and physicians in general liability, premises, automobile, and medical malpractice liability litigation.
- Represented insurance carriers in declaratory judgment litigation in federal and state court.
- Rendered coverage opinions to insurers advising of defense/indemnity obligations owed to others
- Handled all aspects of case management from inception until trial, including depositions, motion practice, interrogatories, orders to show cause, court appearances, pre-trial discovery, legal research, deposition digests, case evaluations, meetings with expert witnesses, and client contact.
Honorable John Riordan, Nassau County Surrogate’s Court: Mineola, NY
Law Clerk, 2009
- Conducted significant legal research. Drafted and edited original decisions.
- Observed preliminary conferences and depositions. Assisted in accounting, kinship, adoption, and guardianship hearings.
Elder Law Clinic, Touro Law Center: Central Islip, NY
Clinical Intern, 2008
- Drafted wills, bills of particulars, interrogatories, and court evaluator reports for guardianship hearings.
- Created supplemental needs trusts for multiple clients.
- Assisted in Medicare and Medicaid appeals, and denial of treatment/coverage appeals.
- Conducted housing title searches.
- Worked independently with clients and Town of Babylon in real estate matters.
Nassau/Suffolk Law Services, Inc.: Islandia, NY
Legal Intern – Civil Unit & PLAN Project, 2007-2008
- Drafted pleadings, negotiated landlord/tenant disputes, and represented clients with Section 8/Public housing appeals.
- Researched and drafted memoranda on local zoning ordinances.
- Interviewed clients and prepared intakes.
- Conducted legal research and drafted wills, powers of attorney, health care proxies, and advance directives.
- Formed Supplemental Needs and irrevocable trusts.
- Represented clients in court and on appeals in insurance denial matters.
- State: Nebraska
- Federal: United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- Secretary of the Executive Council of the Omaha Bar Association, 2015-2016
- President of the Omaha Barristers’ Club, 2016
- Editor of the Young Lawyers’ Page of the Nebraska Lawyer Magazine, 2015-2016
- Secretary of the Board of Directors of Homeowners’ Associate, Present