Experience, dedication, results.
LISA M. STEFFEN
Northwest Iowa Area Attorney in Trust & Estate Planning, Business Law, Real Estate, and Probate.
Lisa M. Steffen is an experienced trust and estate planning, real estate, business, and probate attorney who is dedicated to providing top-notch results for her clients. Lisa is based in Northwest Iowa and travels between the firm’s Spirit Lake, Sioux City, and Sioux Falls offices. With over ten years of rural general practice experience, Lisa works diligently with her clients and their trusted advisors to navigate the complexities of estate and business planning and real estate transactions. Whether she is helping agricultural businesses, farm families, real estate professionals, bankers, or business leaders, providing the best legal representation for every client is at the heart of what Lisa does—worth it!
Office: (605) 371-2000
Direct: (712) 226-7425
Lisa is focused, organized and driven towards mastery, always providing her clients with a thorough representation. Over the last ten years she has been able to build a diverse and successful practice and continues to follow her pursuit of providing solutions to the community. “I am fortunate to have found a tract where I can use and build on my experience to provide excellent service to my clients.”
- Trust & Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Baking Law
- Business Law
- Probate Law
- Real Estate
- Agricultural Law
LICENSED IN: Iowa and Massachusetts
Lisa enjoys spending time with her husband, Tye, and daughters, Lucy and Sally, particularly outdoors whether that is nature hikes, biking, cross country skiing, or boating. In her free time she enjoys reading and following her daughters’ artistic, theatrical, musical and athletic pursuits.
Suffolk University Law School, Juris Doctor, 2003
- Deans List 2001-2003
Iowa State University, Bachelor of Science, with Distinction in English, 1998
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Deans List
- Associate Iowa State Honors Program Member
Montgomery, Barry, Bovee, Steffen and Davis, LLP: Spencer, IA
- Partner in a general practice law firm providing legal services in trust and estate administration, estate planning, tax preparation, banking law, real estate, business law, probate law, agricultural law, family law and civil litigation
Sackett Law Firm: Spencer, Iowa
- General practice that includes primarily the areas of real estate, life and estate planning, probate and business development
- Provided innovative and engaging training solutions for individuals, organizations and business
Lisa M. Bodenhamer, Attorney at Law: Milford, IA
Attorney, Solo Practice 2012
- General practice that primarily focused on estate planning
Iowa Lakes Community College, Attorney at Law: Spencer, IA
Adjunct Instructor 2010-2013
- Classes taught: Business Law, Principles of Real Estate, Medical Law and Ethics, Human Relations, and Co-taught Income Tax Accounting on-line that primarily focused on estate planning
Investors Services: Wilmington, NC
In-House Counsel 2006-2007
- Provided all legal support for company’s nationwide affordable housing investment projects.
Boston Redevelopment Authority: Boston, Massachusetts
Assistant General Counsel 2004-2005
- Drafted and negotiated all documents concerning projects and properties undergoing review. Interpreted and applied statutes, regulations, and other city, state and federal guidelines.
Suffolk University Law School: Boston, Massachusetts
Research Assistant 2002-2003
- Contributed research to VICTORIA J. DODD, Practical Education Law for the Twenty-First Century (2003).
Ames High School: Ames, IA
High School Teacher 1998-2000
- Taught high school English, Speech and Drama. Established and coached the high school debate program.
State: Iowa and Massachusetts
- Farmers Savings Bank Advisory Board