Sioux Falls General Litigation and Family Law Attorney
Attorney Elle Onisciuc is a real go-getter and ready to tackle whatever complex legal issues her clients present. She is eager to help individuals, families and businesses reach the favorable outcome they are looking for. Elle possess great interpersonal and communication skills and is ready to target and solve complex matters. Her strong attention to detail helps her gain a solid case from early stages of your legal matter, setting you on a path in the right direction.
Elle’s area of practice is general litigation and family law but her can-do attitude and enthusiasm to keep growing as an attorney makes her willing to step outside of those boundaries and apply her knowledge to serve other clients of Goosmann Law Firm.
Elle always had the desire to help those in need, so she leaned into her abilities and capabilities and became an attorney. She graduated from the University of South Dakota Knudson School of Law in May of 2020 where she followed graduation with a yearlong clerkship at the South Dakota Supreme Court.
Some of her accomplishments include competing in a Sam Masten Moot Court Tournament and UCLA Cyber Crimes Moot Court Tournament, serving as the Production Editor on the South Dakota Law Review, [publishing a comment on FORCED CATHETERIZATION: A METHOD OF SUBSTANCE TESTING THAT “SHOCKS THE CONSCIENCE” SHOULD BE DISALLOWED IN ITS ENTIRETY] and receiving Harvey C. Jewett IV Writing Award for writing a case note onto the South Dakota Law Review.
LICENSED IN: South Dakota
Elle’s Fun Fact
I can hold a conversation in several languages: English, French, Spanish, and Russian.
University of South Dakota Knudson School of Law, Vermillion, SD J.D., 2020
- Honors: Harvey C. Jewett IV Writing Award Recipient (2018), Sam Masten Moot Court Tournament Runner-up (2018), Excellent achievement in the study of Civil Procedure II (2017)
- Activities: South Dakota Law Review, Vol. 65, Issue I Production Editor (2019-2020), UCLA Cyber Crimes Moot Court Tournament Participant (2019), Lexis Nexis Student Representative/Professional Researcher (2018-2020), Internet and Cyber Law Society, Vice-President (2018-2020), Black Law Student Association, President (2018-2019), RD Hurd Volunteer Law School Society, Vice-President (2018), China Comparative Program, Summer Study Abroad (2018)
Augustana University, Sioux Falls, SD,
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, in Government/International Affairs and Modern Foreign Languages, 2015
- Honors: Dean’s List Recipient (2013-2015), Pi Delta Phi National French Honor Society (2013)
- Activities: Augustana Cultural Exchange Ambassador (2013)
South Dakota Unified Judicial System, Pierre, SD
Dakota Supreme Court Law Clerk, 2020–2021
- Conducting legal research
- Drafting legal memoranda and conference opinions
- Assisting in the preparation for oral arguments
- Traveling for and attending oral arguments
Cutler Law Firm, LLP, Sioux Falls, SD
Summer Associate, 2019
- Conducting legal research
- Drafting and editing legal memoranda, briefs, pleadings, motions, trusts, wills, operating agreements
- Handling pro bono work
Minnehaha County Treasurer’s Office, Sioux Falls, SD
Tax and License Specialist, 2016-2017
- Assisting customers in obtaining the State of South Dakota licensing for motor vehicles
- Checking title applications for completeness
- Receiving and processing fees through the cashier system
State: South Dakota
- Russian (Fluent)
- French, Spanish (Conversational)