The Deal Driver
ANDREW W. SIMPSON
Omaha Managing Partner
Attorney in Mergers and Acquisitions and Real Estate
Business Law Practice Area Leader
Omaha Managing Partner Andrew W. Simpson is the deal driver who guides business leaders and business owners through complex issues, finding the most efficient path to resolve those problems and get their deal done. With two biology degrees and a law degree, Andy has a diverse background, allowing him to handle anything that comes his way. Andy’s experience stems from large development deals and real estate transactions to advising business clients on not only day to day matters associated with their business but also their personal succession and estate planning. Andy has over 16 years of experience counseling clients in corporate counsel matters, mergers and acquisitions, estate and succession planning and real estate transactions who can rely on him as their trusted advisor.
Office: (402) 280-7648
Direct: (402) 884-1925
MY PODCAST EPISODES
Andy has been involved in multi-million-dollar transactions and developments in the Omaha area. He understands the Omaha growing real estate and development market and the business owners who live and work there.
Andy enjoys keeping up with the pace of his clients business, earning their trust and to reach their goals.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Counsel
- Corporate Governance
- Real Estate Development & Transactions
- Land Use law
- Municipal Corporations (Cities and Sanitary Improvement Districts)
- Residential and Commercial Construction
- Commercial Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
LICENSED IN: Nebraska
Andy and his wife have been married for almost 20 years and have three kids, Elliott, Helen, and Eileen. When he’s not working, he coaches youth basketball and baseball. Andy is actively involved as a leader at St. Patrick’s in Elkhorn and is the Chair of the PAL Basketball program at the Parish. That takes up most of his down time, but he loves it!
Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, NE, Juris Doctor, May 2004
- Domestic Moot Court Competition, Quarter-finalist
- Domestic Moot Court Board
- Public Interest Law Forum Summer Fellowship Grant Award
- Environmental Law Society, Law Forum Committee
University of Nebraska at Kearney, Kearney, NE, Master of Science, Biology, May 2001
- Outstanding Thesis Award
- Mobile Environmental Lab, Coordinator
- Platte River Think Tank, Member
University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, Bachelor of Science, Natural Resource Science, December 1998
Farnham, Simpson & Griffin, P.C.: Omaha, Nebraska
Partner, 2012 – 2019
- Represent corporate, municipal, and individual clients in a diverse private practice law firm. Areas of expertise include; commercial litigation, commercial and residential real estate development and financing, real estate title due diligence and disputes, real estate environmental due diligence, wetlands mitigation, 1031 exchanges, land use law, contract drafting and negotiations, landlord and tenant law, probate litigation, mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, corporate governance, estate planning, and probate. Manage and mentor associate attorneys, law clerks, and law firm staff.
- Responsible for business development and maintenance of long-term client relations.
Jeffrey B. Farnham, P.C.: Omaha, NE
Associate Attorney, 2004-2011
- Counsel and represent a wide variety of clients including individual estate planning and probate clients, cities, municipal corporations, and private corporations in diverse general practice law firm.
Great Plains Environmental Law Center: Omaha, NE
Staff Attorney, 2004 - 2005
- Counsel and represent clients in Clean Water Act and Confined Animal Feeding Operation matters. Educate and inform communities and environmental organizations on both state and federal environmental and administrative laws and regulations.
Jeffrey B. Farnham, P.C.: Omaha, NE
Law Clerk, 2003-2004
- Research and write memoranda of law in numerous areas of the firm’s practice. Conduct legal research and analysis of complex real estate transactions and litigation matters.
Iowa Western Community College: Council Bluffs, IA
Adjunct Faculty, 2002-2003
- Instruct advanced biology and environmental science classes. Prepare and deliver weekly lectures. Prepare and administer weekly lab sections. Advise and mentor students.
Nebraska Appleseed: Omaha, NE
Law Clerk, 2002-2003
- Research and write memoranda of law on issues of environmental and administrative law. Counsel clients, prepare motions, and draft appellate brief arguments. Assist in litigation of cases on behalf of rural communities, environmental organizations and individuals. Develop public resources pertaining to the Clean Water Act.
Tri-State Cooperative Agreement: Kearney, NE
- Supervise and lead aerial survey crew assessing endangered Whooping Crane populations migrating through the Big Bend Reach of the Platte River.
AIM Environmental Consulting: Kearney, NE
- Supervise and lead environmental consulting team analyzing the effectiveness of biological control agents in reducing noxious weed populations in the Platte River.
University of Nebraska at Kearney: Kearney, NE
Graduate Assistant, 1999-2001
- Instruct general biology lab sections. Assist multiple tenured faculty members with advanced laboratory and filed biological research projects.
University of Nebraska Lincoln: East Bethel, MN
Research Assistant, 1999
- Field crew leader for long term ecological study analyzing the effects of increased carbon dioxide levels on successional prairie ecosystems.
- State: Nebraska
- Federal: United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- Youth basketball and baseball coach
- Chair of PAL basketball program at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church
- West Omaha Rotary