Business Attorney. Chief Legal Officer. Strategic Visionary.
Business Attorney in Omaha, Nebraska
Aimee Lowe is an Omaha business attorney who provides strategic legal counsel, business consulting, and defense work for start-ups, established companies, medical groups, C-Level executives, physicians, and other professionals. She has worked with businesses and executives for years as advisor, strategist, general counsel, defender, and litigator and leverages her litigation, transaction, and in-house experience to provide clients with the total legal package.
Direct: (402) 315-1246
Office: (402) 280-7648
Cell: (402) 850-4226
As Business Attorney, Aimee provides counsel on mergers & acquisitions, buy-sell agreements, entity formations and filings, shareholder agreements, and commercial real estate transactions. Aimee also represents C-Level executives, physicians, and other professionals in complex compensation package negotiations, employment agreements, and disputes.
As Chief Legal Officer, Aimee serves as retained general counsel and advises businesses of all sizes on routine and non-routine matters, including day-to-day operations, complex contract and commercial negotiations, finance and internal operations, intellectual property filings and disputes, employment law, and audits. She helps ensure businesses, such as medical groups, franchises, and niche industries, are and remain compliant with local, state, and federal law.
As Strategic Visionary, Aimee works hand-in-hand with individuals and start-ups to successfully launch companies and franchises by providing strategic legal counsel and partnering with CPAs, marketing companies, manufacturers, lenders, and investors. She also negotiates book deals, movie rights, and distribution shares.
Aimee’s extensive background includes serving as legal counsel in the transactional and litigation areas of corporate guidance, business law, creditor, real estate and land title, trusts and estate, contract negotiations, employment, and intellectual property matters. She can discern your need before the need arises. When businesses and professionals hire Aimee, they benefit from front-end strategy so they can often side-step avoidable litigation. They get the ultimate team member to protect and advise them toward success – worth it!
Relationships with clients are very important to Aimee. She became a lawyer because she loves people, innovation, risk mitigation, and dispute resolution. She enjoys the opportunity to continuously learn, build relationships, strategically advise, and make a difference. In other words, "Opportunities don't happen. You create them." -- Chris Grosser
“I understand that the best advice often transects several areas of law; so, after I listen, discern, and ask yet another question, I can then tap into my legal experience to find innovative solutions to complex problems through hard work, strategy, and excellence. I love my role as lawyer because it provides a great opportunity to serve others and to work with great colleagues.”
Practice Areas: Litigation and Transactions including:
- Business Law, Business Consulting, Entity Formation, and Start-ups
- C-Level, C-Suite, and High Ranking Corporate Executive Representation
- Physician and Medical Group Representation
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Buy-Sell Agreements
- Commercial Real Estate
- Employer-Side Employment Law
LICENSED IN: Nebraska and Iowa
Aimee and her husband Matt - a sculptor and zealous collector of vinyl records - have two sons, Asher and Judah (who make her laugh every day with their shenanigans). In addition to her family, she loves trivia, travel, running, strong coffee, art, and professional football. In her spare time, Aimee and Matt design and (he) fabricate(s) eclectic lamps, interesting objects, and modern furniture.
Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, NE, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation Silver Quill Award Recipient
- International Moot Court Board, President
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in: Legal Writing I and II, Elder law, Juvenile Law, Advanced Constitutional Law, Witness Examination Skills, and Pre-Trial Litigation
- 2004 Creighton Int’l. Moot Court Competition: Oral Argument, First Place
- National Crim. Justice Trial Advocacy, Trial Team
- Nat’l. Moot Court, Student Coach
- Saul Lefkowitz Trademark Moot Court Competition, Travel Team, Second Place
- CASA, Douglas County
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, B.A., with honors, 2001
Vandenack Weaver, LLC: Omaha, NE
Attorney and Partner, 2017 – 2018
- Provided litigation and transactional legal counsel for corporate and individual clients in the areas of corporate guidance, business law, medicine, real estate and land title, employment, trust and estates, contract negotiation, and intellectual property matters in state and federal courts.
Nebraska Title Company: Omaha, NE
Director of Legal Services, Associate General Counsel 2015-2017
- Underwrote real estate transactions by managing risk, resolving legal issues, and interpreting contracts. Ensured statutory compliance via review of federal and state regulation, developed and implemented policy, designed and conducted internal audits, and managed and complied with state and federal audits. Managed the internal and external Continuing Education program via drafting curriculum and presentations to lenders, attorneys, real estate agents, escrow officers, and title agents. Oversaw Claims, Consumer Complaints, E&O Division, and Records Research Division.
Telpner Peterson Law Firm, LLP: Council Bluffs, IA
Attorney and Partner, 2007 - 2015
- Provided litigation and transactional counsel for corporate and individual clients in all areas, including commercial law, creditor rights, purchase agreements, entity formation and dissolution, commercial real estate, employment, probate, and family law matters.
Creighton University School of Law: Omaha, NE
Adjunct Faculty, 2007-2009, 2011
- Instructed law school students in Legal Writing and Lawyering Skills I & II
Nebraska Court of Appeals: Lincoln, NE
Judicial Clerk, 2006-2007
- Researched and prepared memoranda and opinions in civil, criminal, and administrative matters.
- State: Iowa and Nebraska
- Federal: United States District Court for Nebraska, Northern District Iowa, and Southern District Iowa
- Bar Memberships: ABA, ISBA and Law Practice Mgmt. Comm., NSBA, OBA
- Release Ministries Board of Directors
- Brave Enough Administrative Committee
- NAMWOLF Retail, Restaurant, & Hospitality Committee
- Commercial Real Estate Summit Steering Committee
- Commercial Real Estate Women
- Christian Real Estate and Affiliates Network
- Heartland 2050
- Creighton School of Law Mentor
- Scheduled: Brave Enough Conference, September 2019, Scottsdale, AZ
- Scheduled: Creighton University’s 3rd Annual Emerging Leader Symposium, April 2019
- National Business Institute, December 2018: "Understanding Title Insurance,” and “The Commitment and Closing Letters,” and “Endorsements and Exclusions to Policies,” and “Negotiating Title Insurance Endorsements”
- 2018 Brave Enough Conference, Presenter: “Know Your Worth: The Art of the Ask” and Panel Presenter: “He For She.” November 2018, Scottsdale, AZ
- National Business Institute, November 2018: "Real Estate Closings”
- ABA TECHSHOW March 2018: Litigation Community Group, Facilitator, Chicago, IL
- Nebraska Land Title Assoc., Spring 2018 Seminar, Presenter: “LB 268: Medicaid Recovery"
- National Business Institute, December 2017: "Title Insurance Commitments" and "Title Endorsements"
- Nebraska Real Estate Practice Manual (“The Red Book”), November 2017: Chapter 31: “Corrective Instruments [or how to] Identify Defects, Apply Curative Statutes, and Draft Corrective Instruments”
- National Business Institute, April 2017: "Claims and Defenses Under Title Insurance Policies," and "Commercial Endorsements"
- Nebraska State Bar Real Estate Institute, September 2016: “Corrective Instruments”
- Nebraska Land Title Assoc., Fall 2016 Seminar: “LB72 Update”
- Nebraska Register of Deeds, June 2016 Workshop, Panel Presenter
- National Business Institute, April 2016: “Attorney Ethics,” “Title Insurance Claims and Litigation”
- Commercial Real Estate Summit, April 2016, Moderator: Title Breakout Panel
- Nebraska Land Title Assoc., Spring 2016 Seminar: “Ethics” and “Succession to Real Property by Affidavit”
- Nebraska Land Title Assoc., Fall 2015 Seminar: “Corrective Instruments”
- Nebraska Real Estate Commission Broker Approved Training, Instructor, 2015-2017: “CFPB Modifications to Mortgage,” “License Law,” “Top 10 Hindrances to Commercial Real Estate Closings,” and “Title Endorsements and Commitments”
- Iowa Federal Bar Assoc. Annual Bankruptcy Conf., October 2014: “Agricultural Lien Law”
- Barbara A. Everly Advanced Proc. Bankruptcy Seminar, July 2014: “Agricultural Lien Law”