Disclaimer: The following testimonials do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.
“I was very pleased with the service and advice you gave us. During red-hot chaos, you were the voice of reason. Although we wanted more–as I imagine each parent does–you correctly advised us of what was do-able for getting a parent to enter into an agreement. The week-to-week arrangement has worked reasonably well and when things start getting crazy, we have a document with teeth in it to get things back on a workable track. One thing I’ve thought about several times since then is that I had never had reason to have an attorney, but now that I have one I can rely on, it feels good and comfortable!”
“These guys rock. The Goosmann Law Firm team is a good return on your legal investment. The Firm has been a valuable source for strategic legal advice for both me and my business. I feel confident and assured as a CEO and business owner knowing that the Goosmann team is on my side Jeana is an entrepreneur, trial attorney, and savvy risk-taker. When I have a question, Goosmann takes the time to explain the delicate web of complex laws to me in plain English. Jeana helps guide me to make the best business decisions by factoring in not only the law but the political and industry landscape. The firm zealously represents me whether we are in my local city hall getting a permit or in a federal court battling with global corporations. Every CEO has a secret element to help them be successful, Goosmann Law Firm is mine.”
– Josh Nelson, CEO Great Lakes Communication Corp.
“I consider Goosmann Law Firm more than a law firm. They are a trusted partner in my businesses. Jeana and her team have a unique ability to look at issues through the eyes of a CEO to deliver the best possible outcome. Jeana’s laser-like focus on our goals and objectives has helped fuel our continued growth. I wouldn’t want anyone else on my team.”
– Kyle Kelly, President of CENTURY 21 Prolink and President and Manager of Kelly Property Advisors, LLC
“The Goosmann Law Firm has been very helpful in three recent Real Estate deals and I look forward to future work with them.”
– Skip Perley, President & CEO of TEC – Corp.
“Your representation for my mother’s estate was great, because of all of the interaction I had been involved in with my job with attorneys I had a distaste and dread of having to deal with anyone in that profession, you and the Goosmann Law firm changed all of that, you were professional, caring, always had time for me and just handled all of the problems that we had settling the estate very well, and the fee’s were very reasonable. The experience changed my mind on lawyers and is the reason I used the Goosmann firm to not only help me get my estate planning in order, when i sold and bought a house there was only one call to make and that was to the firm to make sure all was Ok. Thanks again to you and all at the firm, it was a good experience and I am glad I choose Goosmann Law. And will continue to use and recommend whenever I need an attorney.”
“Chris Barondeau, and his team have done a great job of representing me in family law/post divorce legal matters. Chris is knowledgeable, experienced, and strategic. It is obvious that Chris is a skilled professional at planned tactical negotiations, and dispute resolution. Chris addressed all concerns and questions without delay, and responded with straight-on-point legal guidance that has benefited my life.
Past case results do not indicate the outcome of your case and case results are not typical.
- Sioux Pharm, Inc. v. Summit Nutritionals International, 859 N.W.2d 182 (2015). Successfully argued personal jurisdiction issue before the Iowa Supreme Court in misbranding/Lanham Act lawsuit against New Jersey company.
- Sioux Pharm, Inc. v. Eagle Laboratories, 865 N.W.2d 528 (2015). Successfully argued corporate trade secret case before the Iowa Supreme Court, obtaining reversal of trial court’s decision regarding disclosure of client’s trade secrets.
- Obtained jury verdict in defamation of client during political advertising campaign. Bertrand v. Mullin and the Iowa Democratic Party, Woodbury County District Court Case No. EQCV143342 (2012).
- In re: Iowa Ready Mix Concrete Antitrust Litigation No. C10-4038-MWB (ND of Iowa 2010). Represented Lead Plaintiff of the Class obtaining a successful $24 Million dollar 100% recovery for the Class and a bonus for attorney fees from Federal Court Judge Bennett.
- Represented corporation in a multi-million dollar real estate and business expansion.
- Represented co-executor of estate containing significant farmland in a will contest, receiving full defense verdict after bench trial.
- Drafted contracts and provided legal advice to American construction company seeking to initiate operations in the Caribbean.
- Represented national conference call provider in multi-party Telecommunications Act and tort claims litigation with interexchange carriers.
- Developed employee handbook for manufacturing company.
- Obtained favorable outcome for architect in lawsuit involving the design and construction of a prominent building in San Diego County.
- Represented insurer in multi-million dollar insurance coverage lawsuit involving allegations of construction design and installation defects at more than 3,000 residences; obtained favorable resolution after mediation.
- Represented bio-tech client in arbitration concerning breach of contract matter with large national manufacturer.
- Defended tire and rim manufacturer in federal court patent litigation; obtained favorable rulings on motions for summary judgment. Abraham v. Super Buy Tires, et al., 2007 WL 1450311 (S.D. Cal. May 15, 2007).
- Completed formation of Tribal Entity to limit its liability in major contracts and proactively limit exposure for pre-formation activities.
- Represented dietary supplement manufacturer relative to multi-district product liability lawsuits filed across the United States.
- Successfully represented physician’s clinic against a bankrupt debtor for fraud in construction of medical facility, trying the case before the Bankruptcy Judge to establish the debt as non-dischargeable.
- Worked with agricultural company to address employment law matters, specifically issues related to unemployment claims.
- Filed Declaration of Covenants and formed Homeowner’s Association for real estate developer.
- Obtained summary judgment for insurer in lawsuit involving claim that opposing insurer’s $1,000,000 insurance policy was primary to client’s insurance policy. Nat’l Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, Pa. v. American and Foreign Ins. Co., 2006 WL 4757339 (C.D. Cal. Feb. 9, 2006).
- Obtained favorable resolution against foreign corporation in lawsuit alleging improper termination of a franchise agreement.
- Represent Great Lakes Communication Corporation, an Iowa Local Exchange Carrier, in administrative controversies and federal court breach of contract case.
- Colquhoun, et. Al. v. West Central Coop., No LACV 020150 (Iowa Dist. Ct. 2007) and Anderson, et. Al. v. West Central Coop., No. LACV 020129 (Iowa Dist. Ct. 2007). Defended claims of over 200 plaintiffs of toxic tort exposure to emissions of hydrochloric acid from plant and defended warranty and breach of contract claims against the scrubber manufacturer.
- Successfully represented quadriplegic man in products liability farming equipment accident.
- Successfully defended employer in Family Medical Leave Act case.
- National Riggers & Erectors, Inc. v. Merrill Iron & Steel, Inc., Hartford Fire Insurance Co., and City of Sioux City, Iowa No. 5:04-cv-04026-PAZ (ND of Iowa 2004). Represented Steel subcontractor in major Tyson Event Center litigation and successfully resolved multi-level construction litigation and bond claim.
- Prevailed on summary judgment in lawsuit representing public utility district against its insurer. Sierra Foothills Public Utility District v. Clarendon America Ins. Co., 2006 WL 1350345 (E.D. Cal. May 17, 2006).
Braunger Foods, LLC v. Michael K. Sears and Hungry’s North, Inc., 286 Neb. 29 (2013). Successfully argued breach of contract dispute before the Nebraska Supreme Court and obtained decision reversing Court of Appeals’ refusal to enforce personal guaranty.